"Mirce models" - F 100 Super Sabre / generation 2
Wingspan: 2500 mm / 98,4"
Length: 2865 mm / 113", with front tube 3150 mm / 124"
Weight: 22 - 23 kg
Turbine: from 180 Nm
Radio: minimum 6 channel
"Mirce models" F-100 Super Sabre RC jet model.
The North American F-100 Super Sabre is an American supersonic jet fighter aircraft that served with the United State Air Force (USAF) from 1954 to 1971 and with the Air National Guard (ANG) until 1979.
The first of the Century Series of USAF jet fighters, it was the first USAF fighter capable of supersonic speed in level flight. The F-100 was designed by North American Aviation as a higher performance follow-on to the F 86 Sabre air superiority fighter.
Around 10 years ago this model in designed in the 3D program, but the wings, the elevator and rudder were made of foam. That model flew more than 750 times !!!
"Mirce models" got drawings for fuselage, so we had draw again all the foam parts out of the wood, to be able to offer a wooden kit.
Every ply part of model frame construction is laser cut. In combination with 3D drawing, parts fit perfectly and modeler need minimum time to assemble F-100 Super Sabre kit.
We also offer some 3D printing parts for faster and easier building.
After first design, "Mirce models" made a second generation of F 100 Super Sabre wooden kit.
By dimensions, the model is the same as the previous one, but it differs in a lot of details.
You can choose between one or two piece fuselage.
Album with photos during building first & second generation F 100 Super Sabre you can see in:
Video of the flight of Aleš's F 100 Super Saber model (gen II).
- Wooden kit - 660,00 Euro
We ship worldwide.
- Aluminum tubes - 25,00 Euro (wing joiner, tubes for elevator, wing contra rotating pins) * you must have wing joiner tube when made fuselage & wing for alignment!!!!!!!
- Wing tanks & pylons wooden kit - 45,00 Euro
- Hinges & horns from G 10 material - 40,00 Euro
- Plastic & metal parts for elevator linkage system - 50,00 Euro
- Laser cut servo lid & holder - 10,00 Euro
- Pins with screws for wing - fuselage connection - 15,00 Euro
- 3D printed wing tank & pylons - 60,00 Euro
*You can made complete model without 3D printed parts. Printed parts allow you to quickly and accurately create a model.
For F 100 scale surface:
- Detail set for F 100 - 50,00 Euro
- Finish set - 60,00 Euro
- Extra rivets set - 75,00 Euro (35.000 rivets set)
-Transparent canopy: https://www.smt-rc.com/?post_type=product&p=9298&lang=en
- Francesco Mondinelli made cockpit for this F 100 wooden kit.
More information you can get from him directly: https://www.facebook.com/francesco.mondinelli.3
Advice for successful F 100 flight:
- use recommended CG
- necessarily use air brake on fuselage during landing, extremely change landing speed !!!!
- use maximum flaps on landing
- don't use expo on elevator, maybe you can use little a negative expo !!!!
The wooden kit is assembled as a "Puzzle", each part has its own place, does not have two identical parts and cannot be reversed or positioned differently. We always send drawings for easier assembling.
Before gluing, always assemble the part you are doing without adhesive. This allows you to see the assembly process.
For wings, elevators and rudder you will get building template!!!
We recommends covering the air frame with 3 mm balsa and 80 - 100 gr fiberglass cloth & epoxy resin.
Info, tech support & help in building process is non-stop available on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org